06 May SATELLITE OVERLAY (VISIBLE ENHANCED)
Posted at 02:48h in Live WX Data Feeds
SATELLITE OVERLAY (VISIBLE ENHANCED)
- The Satellite Layer consists of live global satellite feeds from GOES-E, GOES-W, MTSAT and METEOSAT with Infrared and Visible imagery provided across the world.
- Infrared satellite imagery is provided via Grayscale and Color Enhanced with Visible satellite imagery provided via Grayscale with a global blend provided using the listed satellite sources.
- Satellite coverage is provided across the world from 70N to 70S latitude with both visible and infrared satellite imagery covering most of the globe.
- The most up-to-date image for each satellite will be provided with GOES-E and GOES-W updated every 30 minutes and MTSAT and METEOSAT data updated every hour with a global blend of all satellites provided every hour.
- During daylight hours across that portion of the globe, visible satellite imagery will be available while grayscale and color enhanced infrared satellite imagery will be available at all times.
- The refresh time and rate for the satellite overlay via TOPS is updated per the following: Grayscale Infrared updated at XX:50 every hour, Color Enhanced Infrared updated at XX:45 every hour and Grayscale Visible updated at XX:20 every hour.
This is an example screenshot of the Satellite Layer via the TOPS Flight Watch platform with Grayscale Visible (Enhanced).