05 May TROPICAL WEATHER OVERLAY
Posted at 13:39h in Live WX Data Feeds
TROPICAL WEATHER OVERLAY
- The Tropical Weather Layer consists of current positions and forecasted tracks of tropical storms, hurricanes, tropical cyclones and typhoons across the globe.
- Tropical systems are represented by standard symbols and have embedded links to tropical weather discussions provided by various government agencies.
- The Tropical Weather Layer includes the name of the system being tracked, the projected path with estimated time of impact and wind radius displayed graphically.
- The Tropical Weather Layer is updated 4 times daily at 00Z, 06Z, 12Z and 18Z with data compiled from the seven governmental tropical centers located around the world.
- The refresh time and rate for the Tropical Weather Overlay via TOPS is updated every 15 minutes of every hour i.e. XX:00, XX:15, XX:30 and XX:45.
This is an example screenshot of the Tropical Weather Layer via the TOPS Flight Watch platform. Please note that this layer will include a legend as well as interactive links providing further details when viewed via the TOPS platform.